Switch version Hogwarts Legacy had a strong start in the UK physical charts and brought the role-playing game back again Warner Bros. Games in first place, the publication informs GamesIndustry.biz with reference to the latest agency report GfK. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III dropped to second place.
Just last week, more than 68 thousand copies of Hogwarts Legacy were sold in British retail — This is the game’s second-biggest sales week since its release in February. — and about 50 thousand copies were for the Nintendo Switch version alone.
Games top UK physical chart with biggest sales in 2023:
- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom – 208 thousand copies (debut)
- EA Sports FC 24 – 154 thousand copies (debut)
- Hogwarts Legacy – 135 thousand copies (debut)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 – 116 thousand copies (debut)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III – 105 thousand copies (debut)
- EA SPORTS FC 24 – 80 thousand copies (second week)
- Hogwarts Legacy – ~68.5 thousand copies (week of release of the Switch version)
- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom – 56 thousand copies (second week)
- Star Wars Jedi: Survivor – 55 thousand copies (debut)
- Hogwarts Legacy – 46 thousand copies (second week)
Directly on the hybrid console, Hogwarts Legacy had the third-biggest launch of 2023, behind only The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom and Super Mario Bros. Wonder. Overall, the port debuted better Resident Evil 4, Final Fantasy XVI, Dead Space and many other games.
Two more new items made it into the top ten of the chart last week. — Super Mario RPG in sixth place and Bluey: The Video Game on the seventh.
Thanks to profitable pre-holiday offers and bundles with PlayStation 5 weekly sales EA Sports FC 24 And Assassin’s Creed Mirage grew by 115% and 165% respectively.
Ten bestsellers in the UK for the week ending October 28 (physical media):
- Hogwarts Legacy (multiple)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III (multi)
- EA Sports FC 24 (multi)
- Spider-Man 2 (PS5)
- Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
- Super Mario RPG (Switch)
- Bluey: The Video Game (multi)
- Assassin’s Creed Mirage (multi)
- Nintendo Switch Sports (Switch)
- Mortal Kombat 1 (multi)
Read also: The Witcher 4 developer: “I can already feel the influence of Baldur’s Gate 3 on AAA games, it inspired many at CD Projekt RED”.